Nov 25, 2011

#256: Spare Some Change? (Friday, November 25)

I had a wonderful conversation with a couple of girlfriends this past weekend about (people's ability to) change. A couple days later, I read about a guy in Canada who'd saved $723 worth of change in seven months. And then I overheard someone on the bus saying she had to go switch out her change at the machine so she could go Black Friday shopping. So I figured it was a sign that this week's Good Friday idea should be about change. LOL.

I once read that the average household has $90 worth of change lying around the house. $90! Either I'm living in the wrong household, or I'm sitting on a goldmine. So what do you do with this spare change? Here are a few ideas:
  • Use it for your holiday shopping
  • Pay a bill
  • Use it for your kids' allowances
  • Donate it to charity; in some countries your 60 cents could do a world of good
  • Do something fun: go on a date, treat yourself to dinner, etc.
  • Invest it
I guess we could all use some change...And speaking of change, help change your community tomorrow by patronizing a small business in your neighborhood. Support Small Business Saturday! 

No comments: