Aug 3, 2018

Good Friday #604: The Answer to Happiness (Friday, August 3)





Day 26 #caminodelnorte Ribadeo to Lorenza, 16miles. Today had me thinking a bit about why I chose to do the Camino. I met a guy today who I think is looking for an answer to something that I’m not entirely sure he will ever find. Which has got me thinking a little on the time we all spend on this quest for the magical answer to ‘happiness’. And actually what we (and when I say we I mean ‘I’) would be better spending time on is acceptance of the here and now. The Camino, for me, was never about religion, finding myself etc..it was about seeing the landscapes, meeting the people and experiencing something different. I think I had a little bit of a hope that it would provide an answer to what path I should take next, however that’s not how life (or the Camino) really works. I like the saying - ‘The real Camino starts when you leave Santiago’ - I’ve a feeling this will ring very true. Pictures today are a bit rubbish but I got a chance to walk with Priscilla and that’s what counted 😍☺️🤗 #igersspain #igerscaminodesantiago #travel #photography #travelphotography #country #theway #solotravel #fjallraven #beach #country #getoutside #solotravel #femaletravel #womenwhoexplore #hike #imapilgrimbitch #asturias #galicia #blue #pink #yellow #texture #buencamino #caminodesantiago #caminodesantiago2018 #spain🇪🇸 #spain #españa #colour #traditional
A post shared by cassie_o (@cassie_o) on

No comments: