Aug 10, 2018

Good Friday #605: I Can Do It All By Myself (Friday, August 10)

Search the #Icandoitallbymyself hashtag, and you'll find two types of posts: babies and toddlers making their first foray into the world of independence; and women reaffirming their independence and (in some cases) the unnecessary existence of men in their lives.

Here's a sample of the latter:

  • "I do it BY MYSELF even when I need help"
  • "Single because why let someone ruin your life when you are perfectly capable of doing it on your own"
  • "...and the queen lived happily ever after in her own damn castle with her own money and took care of her f*cking self."
  • "I was raised to hustle like a man because I was told never to depend on one."
  • "What's a queen without her king? Well, historically speaking, more powerful."

Sure we can do it by ourselves. But when you have family, a partner, friends and others who are committed to helping you do it, why would you want to?

No comments: